David Burrows, president and chief investment strategist at Barometer Capital Management
FOCUS: North American Large Caps
_______________________________________________________________

MARKET OUTLOOK
Better than average U.S. equity performance in the seasonally weak period of August and September reflect an improving economic environment, positive earnings revisions and cautious investor sentiment. Going into the fourth quarter our technical breadth models are constructive as are credit conditions. We expect inflation pressure in U.S. to pick up as slack in the economy is shrinking and employment growth continues. We expect a slow rise in bond yields over the next 12 months. Market leadership is focused in reflationary sectors namely financials, industrials, basic materials and technology.  
TOP PICKS

David Burrows' Top Picks

David Burrows, president and chief investment strategist at Barometer Capital Management, shares his top picks: Bank of America, Caterpillar and DowDuPont.

BANK OF AMERICA (BAC.N) - Last purchased on Sept 20, 2017 at US$25.20

CATERPILLAR (CAT.N) - Last purchased on September 19, 2017 at US$124.63

DOWDUPONT (DWDP.N) - Last purchased on September 13, 2017 at US$68.61
 

DISCLOSURE PERSONAL FAMILY PORTFOLIO/FUND
 BAC N N Y
CAT N N Y
DWDP N N Y

PAST PICKS: October 17, 2016

David Burrows' Past Picks

David Burrows, president and chief investment strategist at Barometer Capital Management, reviews his past picks: JPMorgan Chase, Alphabet and Pioneer Natural Resources.

JP MORGAN  CHASE (JPM.N)

  • Then: $67.17
  • Now: $95.19
  • Return: 41.71%
  • Total return: 44.08%

ALPHABET "C" SHARES (GOOG.O)

  • Then: $779.96
  • Now: $933.20
  • Return: 19.64%
  • Total return: 19.64%

TOTAL AVERAGE RETURN: 13.41%
 

DISCLOSURE PERSONAL FAMILY PORTFOLIO/FUND
JPM  N Y
GOOG N N Y
PXD N N Y


FUND PROFILE
BAROMETER TACTICAL BALANCED POOL

PERFORMANCE AS OF AUGUST 31, 2017

1 Month: 2.22% Pool, 0.98% Index*
1 Year: 7.25% Pool, 3.75% Index*
3 year: 6.65% Pool, 4.89% Index*
5 year: 9.34% Pool, 7.70% Index*

* Index: 25% MSCI All World Total Return Index / 25% S&P/TSX Composite Total Return Index / 50% FTSE TMX Canada Universe Bond Index

 * Identify if your fund’s returns are based on reinvested dividends. Returns provided must be net of fees!

TOP HOLDINGS AND WEIGHTINGS

  1. Hydro One (H.TO) 4% CV 30SEP27
  2. Air Canada (AC.TO)  3.91% 
  3. Apple (AAPL.O) 3.56%
  4. Teck Resources (TECKb.TO) 3.31 %
  5. Microsoft (MSFT.O) 3.19%

WEBSITE: www.barometercapital.ca